Acupuncture involves the gentle insertion of fine, sterile, disposable needles into specific points near the surface of the body to stimulate the flow of “Qi”. Qi in Chinese medical theory is the life force or energy that runs through the body along twelve major meridians. When Qi is balanced, there is a state of health and well-being in the body. External factors such as stress and diet over time can cause Qi to become deficient or stagnant, leading to disharmony and imbalance in the body that manifests as pain, disease, and emotional disorders. The painless insertion of needles directs the body’s attention to the underlying condition and allows the body to heal itself from within. From a western medicine point of view acupuncture produces physiological changes in the body including increased blood flow, stimulation of hormones and neurotransmitters, and stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system to promote deep relaxation. Acupuncture invokes an analgesic effect by altering the body’s natural pain-relieving opiate system.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Increases energy & relieves stress
- Regulates and strengthens the immune system
- enhances a positive attitude about life
- Effective for pain management
- Relieves chronic disorders such as Asthma, CFS, TMJ, IBS, Fibromyalgia, Back Pain, Head-Aches, Muscle Spasms, Arthritis & many more.
- Treatment for Weight Loss and Addictions
- improves the digestive system and the body’s circulation
- Natural, non-evasive & cost-effective treatments
- Contributes to the healing of disorders of the following systems: